|Job Title:||Senior QA Engineer|
|Hours:||9am to 5pm|
|Post Date:||Apr 26 2013|
|Detailed Job Description:
The Senior Quality Assurance Performance Engineer performs various performance engineering related duties. The role applies predictive performance engineering techniques to ensure that Moody's system hardware configurations and software design, together with architecture allows for most optimal performance, scalability and capacity. Tasks will be performed with cutting edge performance engineering technologies (such as CA Hyperformix's CAPMAN & Optimizer, and Shunra).
The key competencies for this position include:
- Proven experience in building software and hardware models
- Proven experience with using CA's Hyperformix toolset or an equivalent software/application performance engineering and capacity planning tool
- Strong understanding of server virtualization concepts
- Strong understanding of automated performance testing approach, including implementation of automation frameworks
- Experience with workload planning & estimation and test documentation
- Strong understanding with monitoring concepts and tools
- Strong understanding of Web 2.0 technology and testing
- Strong understanding of Server, Network, and database concepts
- Strong understanding of software development life cycle, quality assurance life cycle and testing methodologies
- Excellent understanding of test metrics concepts
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task, display flexibility, and work independently
- Ability to work effectively both in a team environment and independently
- Familiarity with Shunra or an equivalent WAN emulation technology is a plus
Functional Responsibilities - Specific responsibilities for this position include:
- Applying Predictive IT Management techniques to assist with most configuring systems in the most optimal manner;
- Create analytical and discrete event simulation models to study the performance and capacity characteristics of an application and system;
- Provide performance analysis to assist with hardware and system consolidation efforts;
- Making recommendations, assessing industry best practices and striving for constant improvements to ensure most effective performance testing and engineering approach;
- Planning testing approach, executing studies and reporting the results according to Performance Testing standards;
- Writing and revising automated test scripts and test documentation for a variety of financial applications, working with other performance engineers, business analysts, product managers and developers to ensure adequate coverage for upcoming production releases;
- Setting up and configuring performance testing tools to gather most complete results and analyzing these results to determine next steps and to provide various teams (Infrastructure, Architecture and Development) with recommendations on tuning.
Scope/Supervision and Interaction
Likely interactions are with the AVP of Performance Testing and Performance Engineers to collaborate on testing workload. Interactions will also occur with: System Architects, Application Development Managers, Technical Leads, Developers, Product Managers, Business Analysts, QA Managers and Leads, DBA's, Systems and Network Administrators.
Four-year degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics and at least 7 years experience in computer systems, software engineering, performance analysis, or at least 10 years equivalent professional experience. A minimum of 5 years experience creating software and hardware models manually and/or with vendor based tool. Must have knowledge of mainstream operating systems (i.e. Linux, AIX, Windows); basic networking concepts, such as TCP/IP and routing, as well as common hardware architectures; database concepts. Understanding of the client/server paradigm; demonstrated programming skills, preferably in an object-oriented language; knowledge of one of the following skills: modeling, load testing, or benchmarking; and knowledge of the scientific method. Also, individual should have written and oral communication skills.
Best candidate will have the Required Technical Knowledge (beyond CA Hyperformix products):
1. Operating Systems: Windows, Linux and AIX - The goal is to be able to communicate with Administrators of and work in a Windows, Linux and AIX server environments and assist with analysis and tuning;
2. Application/Web Servers: IIS, JBOSS, Tomcat, and WebSphere Application Server - Understanding of application servers and web servers concepts and ability to work with middleware engineers during analysis and tuning;
3. Databases: MS-SQL Server, Sybase and DB2 - The goal is to be able to work within various Database technologies. The Performance Engineer will be required to work with DBA's and Database programmers to provide analysis and assist with tuning;
4. Virtualization - Understanding of virtualization concepts for Microsoft Windows, Linux and IBM AIX server environments;
5. Basic networking knowledge (DNS, IP addressing, understanding basic firewall and load-balancing issues, network ports, WAN optimization, etc.).
|Apply to this listing »|